You are invited to participate in the inaugural Gender Equality Video Competition!
The Gender Equality video competition is an initiative of the Adelaide International Women’s Day Breakfast Committee. It provides South Australian high school students with the opportunity to make a 2-3 minute short video clip or animation outlining why Gender Equality is important to them.
One video will be selected to be showcased to guests during the Adelaide IWD Breakfast, 8 March 2019.
All videos will be shared on the Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee and social media accounts after the 2019 Breakfast. The winning school will win the opportunity to sit at the Dr Rosemary Crowley table (seating for 10 guests) in the VIP seating area at the 2019 Adelaide IWD Breakfast, 8 March 2019.
Entries are open from Monday 1 October 2018 and close on 12pm (midday ACST) Friday 30 November 2018.
Videos should be uploaded to YouTube. The link and video details must be emailed by a teacher/school staff member/principal to the Committee to email@example.com midday on 30 November 2018. Late submissions will not be eligible for inclusion in the competition.
Competition Terms and Conditions are outlined below.
We can’t wait to see your videos! Best of luck.
Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee
- Monday 1 October 2018 Submissions Open
- Friday 30 November 2018 (midday) Final deadline for submitting completed videos
- Friday 1 February 2019 Winning School will be notified
- Discuss the topic and decide on the key message of your video
- Storyboard your video and have fun recording it!
- Upload to YouTube and send a link to the video to the Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee by email by midday 30 November 2018
- How to upload a video to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- How to share a video (create a link) on YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57741?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
- FAQs on Copyright – YouTube help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797449?hl=en
Who is Dr Rosemary Crowley?
Dr Rosemary Crowley AO was the first South Australian female senator for the Australian Labor Party to serve in federal parliament, which she did from her election into office in 1983. Rosemary was the Minister for Family Services from 1993 to 1996 and the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Status of Women in 1993. Prior to entering politics, Rosemary had a career as a medical practitioner and as such, she had a strong interest in community health issues including women’s heath, childcare and parent education. She was also involved in school and community organisations and was a foundation member of the South Australian Mental Health Tribunal. Throughout her political career Rosemary was dedicated to social justice and democracy. Rosemary also headed a government enquiry into Women, Sport and the Media, which was instrumental in increasing funding and support to women’s sport. Rosemary established the Adelaide IWD Breakfast in 1993 to support UNIFEM Australia. Rosemary hosted the event for many years and is still a member of the organising committee.
Terms and Conditions
1. The video must contain a title, credits and school name/logo
2. The video must not contain or pertain to anything illegal
3. The school is responsible for ensuring that any student appearing in the video has the required parent permission
4. Videos can be produced/edited using any kind of audio-visual media, including phones, tablets or video recorders
5. Videos or animations can be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio/screen content must have English subtitles
6. Students should not submit the videos themselves. The YouTube video link and details of the video should be emailed to the Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by a teacher/school staff member/principal by 12pm (midday ACST) on 30 November 2018. Entries received via any other method will not be considered a valid submission
7. Please check your video before submitting the link – if the judges cannot view your submission we will be unable to judge your video
8. The Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee reserves the right to use entrant content (including all or part of any video submitted by an entrant) in any manner they choose. Submission of an entry constitutes consent by the entrant for Adelaide IWD Breakfast Committee to use the video in this way and also to use the entrant’s name and photo for publicity purposes
9. The Competition is open to South Australian Schools and South Australian High School Students only
10. Table is valued at $1500 and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to another school or to guests outside of the winning school. Transport to and from the event is not included and should be arranged by the School
11. Videos must not exceed 3 minutes. This includes title and credit sequences
12. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached
13. Judges may disqualify a video if they believe that it does not comply with the Terms and Conditions
14. The winning school will be contacted on Friday 1 February 2019
15. Schools may enter multiple videos and students may participate in more than one video
16. There is no cost for entering the competition
17. All videos must be original and the students’ own work. If you use any copyrighted content you must check with the copyright owner and be able to provide written permission for its use. Entries containing any unauthorised content will not be included in the competition
18. The Committee takes no responsibility for any failure of an entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations. Entrants warrant that their videos (and any material contained in their videos, including, but not limited to, any clip) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. Entrants (or their parents/guardians) will fully indemnify the Committee against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party
19. The Committee and its affiliates shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on email received, typographical errors, ethical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake
20. All personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and age, is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used by the committee and its affiliates for the stated purposes
21. Videos are to be created under Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 AU). For more information on how to obtain a few creative license see https://creativecommons.org/